Calling all Women in IP Members to the AIPLA 2013 Mid-Winter Institute!
The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) is trying something new for its 2013 Mid-Winter Institute which will be held in Tampa, Florida on January 30-February 2, 2013. For a description of the program see the AIPLA 2013 Mid-Winter Institute flyer.
The focus of the meeting will be on why Intellectual Property is THE business asset of the 21st Century. IP attorneys and company executives will work side by side to present how they work together to face the challenges presented by today’s economy and protect IP in the global marketplace.
Here are some of the advantages of attending the meeting, alone or with a client:
- attend the sessions and think through best practices and procedures to determine how to best maximize IP protection
- learn directly from business executives and leaders why IP protection is so important to companies today
- the conference will provide an intense primer on IP protection, including patent, copyright, trademark, as well as trade secret protection
- this is a great opportunity to network with in-house or law firm attorneys and to learn from each other how to best maximize IP protection
- learn how a working knowledge of IP has benefited business executives, CEOs and CTOs straight from the source
- learn how IP matters to Angel and Venture investors
- learn about global IP issues in biotechnology, chemistry, high-tech fields and other technical areas
- learn how start-ups can best maximize the value of their IP and attract investors
- attend the Women in IP breakfast to network with other women in the profession
If you want to receive more information from the AIPLA on the 2013 Mid-Winter Institute as it becomes available, click here. Many Women in IP members are organizers and will attend the Mid-Winter Institute. We look forward to seeing you there!